We LOVE flavor at The Keyes Ingredients HQ. One of the most effective ways to add flavor to any dish is with seasonings and salt is one that is among the most active on our taste buds. It can take a dish from drab to fab with minimal effort.
“But Michelle!! Isn’t salt bad for us? Won’t it increase my risk for heart attacks and strokes?”
Salt, just like anything else, is done best in moderation and with high quality ingredients. We recommend that you stick with Pink Himalayan Salt.
Pink Himalayan Salt is very different from table salt that involves a great deal of unnatural interference. Table salt is very heavily processed, eliminating its minerals. Commercial table salt is typically 97.5 percent to 99.9 percent sodium chloride. The rest is made up of “assorted chemicals” including anti-caking agents. THIS is where the problem come in with blood pressure. Meanwhile, a high-quality unrefined salt like Pink Himalayan Salt is only about 87 percent sodium chloride. The other 13 % is made up of approximately 80 minerals that are removed from traditional table salt by the refining process (including bleaching the salt to the white color you see in those shakers. Bleach…in your food)
What are the benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt?
- It aids in balancing your body’s PH. The minerals found exclusively in Pink Himalayan Salt help to create a positive acid to alkaline ratio in your body allowing it to build a healthy immune system and fight off any invaders as effectively as possible.
- Pink Himalayan Salt helps to aid in digestion. It aids in peristalsis of the digestive organs, balancing the stomach acid, supporting the production of digestive fluids in the liver and pancreas and regulating the metabolism.
- Getting the right amount of sodium in you diet is also proven to help aid in getting a good nights sleep.
All of these benefits don’t give you the go ahead to empty the entire shaker on your dinner plate though. With anything, moderation is key and there are problems that come with excess. So tonight, when you’re making dinner for your family, live a little and add some pink to your potato!
Our current series of five blogs is on simple solutions to change over your pantry. Switching your salt is the first and easiest change you can make. Check back in for our next blog on changing your oil.
Your Holiday Table.
Order your book now! You get over 45 recipes! Many are BRAND NEW to The Keyes Ingredients. Beautiful pictures give you a glimpse of what your holiday table will look like. You don’t have to feel guilty about your holiday meal. It can be delicious and nutritious.