Cookies, fat, inflammation and cocaine… all in Episode 2. We make cookies with two guest stars and investigate the effects of refined sugar on the body. As always we provide you with healthier options for great tasting food!
This week’s featured Four-Mula:
Non-processed, nutrient dense cookies! That’s right! The perfect combination of crispy and gooey with a punch of savory flavor and chocolatey sweetness.
- 2 cups almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and the sugar. Mix well.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla, baking soda and stir until well blended.
- Add in the chocolate bits and stir.
- Using a measuring tool, spoon onto and arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 min.
- Allow to cool for 10- 15 min. on the cookie sheet
- Remove to cooking rack and allow to fully cool before storing
- Freezes well
For more information on why to cut out refined sugars…