Ever wonder what a cupcake might say? Join us as we hear from Mr. Cupcake himself, and Michelle whips up the most delicious grain-less cupcake you ever wrapped your lips around!
The Four-Mula featured in this show:
- The Cupcakes
- 2 & 1/2 cups black beans (rinsed/drained)
- 10 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raw cacao / cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips or grated
- dark chocolate ( plus some for topping)
- Honey Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- smashed cookie crumbs from the cookies for kids formula (optional)
- In a Vita-mix, food processor or large capacity blender, in the following order, combine eggs, black beans, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cacao, coconut oil and honey.
- (heat coconut oil and honey on low to ensure it is in liquid form)
- Blend into a batter.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake paper.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Bake mini cupcakes for 15-18 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, check with a toothpick.
- Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- Honey-Whipped Cream Frosting
- While whipping the cream, add vanilla and honey.
- Top the cupcakes with a dollop of cream, a single raspberry and a few dark chocolate shavings or chips.
- Smashed cookie crumbs from leftover “Cookies for kids” works too!
- Chilling the whipped cream bowl in the freezer with the “whisk”mixing attachment before whipping, makes for a stiffer whipped cream.
- Cake option: Use a 9 inch spring form pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees, convection. Oven temperatures vary. Check with a toothpick.
- If Using the whipped cream frosting, they are best topped right before serving so the
- cupcake is room temperature and the whipped cream is cold.
- Word to the wise...Tell everybody all about their ingredients after they are well on their
- through the digestive process. Or Better yet, don’t mention it until they ask for the
- recipe .
- Before topping them, freeze a few. I use them for an occasional lunch dessert or a to
- bring to a birthday party. These are gluten free, but not dairy free. For a dairy free
- alternative, omit frosting and use casin free chocolate chips.
Visit their site here: http://bit.ly/1g0Kng1
Thanks to our all of our sponsors!